Yes, there are ads

I have included advertisements on this page because I am extremely poor. If you would help me out by clicking an ad I would be grateful. I have limited the ads to the categories that I believe will interest my readers. I have blocked the smutty categories. I also know that there will be ads that neither you or I agree with.

About Comments

I have gotten rid of the Google+ requirement. What a fail it was.
I have reposted the comments that would have been lost.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The War OF Independence: A Story of Betrayal

This post has been updated and moved to
http://unknownpossibilitiesawait.weebly.com/blog/throwback-thursday-the-war-of-independence-loyalists-betrayed-and-the-first-mennonite-split

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating!
    The root problem was the same problem that permeates many authoritarian homes (and churches). When the one at the top is not a servant, but a taskmaster, then those under him/her find it hard to grow into functioning adults. Watching one's children transition from childhood to adulthood becomes a struggle for control, instead of a celebration of growth and loving guidance.

    The foundational problem that laid the groundwork for the War for Independence was disrespect. Most people automatically think children disrespect parents, and this is the root issue. But I beg to differ. Children absorb the mindset of their parents. When parents disrespect a child, that child only knows how to relate to others the same way. Most authoritarian parents do not tolerate rudeness, backtalk, cut-downs, and abuse from their children. Yet, they often engage in these kinds of behaviors toward their children, thinking this is simply being a strong parent. But when we disrespect a child's soul, we only lay the foundation for a lifetime of reaping disrespect.

    Of course, parents do need to require respect from their children--not only toward the parents, but also between siblings. And the only way anything is really learned, is through modeling. Humility is the only basis for effective parenting.

    If King George III had been humble enough to listen to his "children" across the ocean, instead of demanding unthinking obedience, think how the history books would read now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! My preacher actually brought out those points this morning as he taught the second part of Matthew 19.

      Delete
  2. Have you read John L Ruth's book Twas Seeding Time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have never heard of it. I will do some research on it.

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget