Yes, there are ads

I have included advertisements on this page because I am extremely poor. If you would help me out by clicking an ad I would be grateful. I have limited the ads to the categories that I believe will interest my readers. I have blocked the smutty categories. I also know that there will be ads that neither you or I agree with.

About Comments

I have gotten rid of the Google+ requirement. What a fail it was.
I have reposted the comments that would have been lost.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Angels unaware

Seasonal Felicitations! 

I keep trying to write this evening, but nothing voluminous seems to come. I think I am probably "papered out" due to all the papers I have written over the past few weeks. So, this week I will leave you with some scripture to mull over.

Remember what Paul says, in Hebrews 13:1-3, in regards to interacting with those you do not know. 
"1 Let brotherly love continue. Don’t neglect to show hospitality, for by doing this some have welcomed angels as guests without knowing it. Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily."

And while you are at it, remember this passage, especially the part that is in bold. When I read this passage a few days ago in my devotions, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Luke 16:8-12. 
“The master praised the unrighteous manager because he had acted astutely. For the sons of this age are more astute than the sons of light in dealing with their own people. And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of the unrighteous money so that when it fails, they may welcome you into eternal dwellings. 10 Whoever is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and whoever is unrighteous in very little is also unrighteous in much. 11 So if you have not been faithful with the unrighteous money, who will trust you with what is genuine? 12 And if you have not been faithful with what belongs to someone else, who will give you what is your own?"

4 comments:

  1. There is no excuse to mess up with money, but yet when we do God is merciful. God gives us so many chances to come clean and we blow it every time, like the saying money talks saying goodbye. The devil would have us believe that because we have blown it so many times God will no longer help. But because God promised to care for our needs he does so, not because he has to but because he loves us. same principle as any other area of life where the mercy is new each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather ify whether this unclear passage in Luke was specificaly referring to money or not, especially if you had quoted KJV but whatever translation that is, it is inclusive of the word money. That is what happens when we dont stick with the unadulterated word, mistakes like that show up unawares.and what can we say.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget