Yes, there are ads

I have included advertisements on this page because I am extremely poor. If you would help me out by clicking an ad I would be grateful. I have limited the ads to the categories that I believe will interest my readers. I have blocked the smutty categories. I also know that there will be ads that neither you or I agree with.

About Comments

I have gotten rid of the Google+ requirement. What a fail it was.
I have reposted the comments that would have been lost.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

My New Year's Resolutions and Why I gained so much weight back

Some folks find New Year's resolutions to be silliness. I find that they give me a goal to strive for.

I have made a new resolution. Not only am I low carb again. I hope to lose 25 pounds this year. I have also put myself on a push-up regimen, something that I have never been able to do well. I hope to do 313 push-ups on December 31st. (no, you saw that correctly)

There is a reason I gained so much weight back. I had regained 72 pounds of my 100 pounds that I had previously lost between the middle of 2005 and January 2007. Most of that gain had come due to being sedentary after a knee injury at work in 2009. 

Most folks do not realize this, but in the spring of 2009 I tore my Lateral Collateral Ligament in my right knee as I was sweeping up at the end of a day of work. I didn't have the cash to go to the doc and did not want to risk being denied worker's comp and have to pay a huge bill. So, I decided to stay off my knee as much as possible. 

I believe I had a 2nd degree injury.


For six months I was not active other than walking gingerly around at work. At four months I did try to play some volleyball, but I had to quit in the middle of a game because it felt like I was doing damage to the knee, even with a brace on. 

In 2010 my knee was still rather week and I took it easy. Even now my knee bugs me at times. Between late 2009 and early 2011 I had gained 45 pounds and weighed in around 255! In the middle of 2011 I took a golf class through my college and I lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks, but after the class ended I regained that weight plus another 5. 

Last year had a goal to lose 20 pounds. On the morning of 1/1/2013 I weighed in at 263 pounds. I fulfilled my goal a few months after starting at Liberty. Unfortunately, I stopped being low carb and on January 1st I weighed in at 248. 

I have made a new resolution for this. Not only am I low carb again. I hope to lose 25 pounds this year. I have also put myself on a push-up regimen, something that I have never been able to do well. I hope to do 313 push-ups on December 31st. (no, you saw that correctly)

I know I can lose the weight because I have done it before! As for the push-ups, we shall see what happens. If I am only able to do half of my goal, I will be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget